Get a chance to…
…establish important connections and professional relations.
…broaden your professional skills in theatre.
…experience social life in a foreign city.
Be part of this unique opportunity and APPLY NOW!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 August 2017.
For the fourth year in a row, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) together with Staatstheater Braunschweig and Eastern European partners are setting in motion a fruitful collaboration with Ukrainian theatres and artists in 2017. This year's edition of the project ‘Theatre is Dialogue - Dialogue of Cultures: European networking with Eastern European theatres’ features several activities and events aiming at enabling an open cultural dialogue throughout theatre with and within Ukraine.
A scholarship programme will open new perspectives and foster professional artistic exchange for and among young Ukrainian and Eastern European theatre makers.
3 placements are available in theatres in Germany and Georgia. The intensive work program gives the selected scholar the possibility to discover the daily routine, working structures and artistic processes of a theatre in a foreign country. It will allow experiencing different working methods, to create new contacts and expand your professional relations. As scholar you will support a production team and the artistic / technical / administrative ensemble until the premiere or if part of a festival team, during the preparation phase. However, please note that the artistic decisions will have been taken beforehand.
In addition to that, a meeting of all scholars will take place from 2 nd – 5 th November, 2017 in the frame of the Fast Forward Festival at Staatsschauspiel Dresden in Germany.
…who works and lives in the Ukraine
…with experience in your respective field
…from a public theatre or from the independent scene
…with good English language skills and basic knowledge of the language of the respective country you wish to go (detailed information on the required language skills in the description of the offered placements)
The call is open for all theatre professionals (stage directors, authors, dramaturges, actors, technician, administrative area etc.). There is no age restriction.
- 4-week work placement in one of the theatres listed below
- Flight from your hometown to the airport closest to the theatre
- Accommodation during the time of the placement in the city of your theatre
- Contribution to your local expenses in the amount of 750,- EUR
- Participation in the scholarship meeting at Staatsschauspiel Dresden from 2 nd -5 th November, including travel to Dresden from your hosting theatre city and accommodation in Dresden
- Visa costs
You will be asked to arrange and cover your own health insurance for the duration of the scholarship. If you are interested to be part of this program…
Application form is here.
As part of the application form, please include:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- recommendation from a previous collaborator to support your application
Please send all documents together in one file to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will receive notification about the result of the application by the beginning of September 2017.
The Staatsschauspiel Dresden is a huge and renowned ensemble and repertoire theatre in Germany. It maintains a big and a small stage in a second venue and, only since 2009, the “Bürgerbühne” (citizen stage) dedicated to participatory theatre. With the upcoming season 2017/18, the new artistic team led by artistic director Joachim Klement starts its work at the Staatsschauspiel Dresden. The theatre would like to invite a young theatre maker from Ukraine to get to know the German theatre system from the perspective of the dramaturgy department at a big state theatre. The scholarship program kicks off with a visit to the Fast Forward Festival for young direction. Thereafter, the recipient will have the opportunity to follow a production process until its premiere in late November. Besides gaining insight into concrete artistic and technical processes during the rehearsals, the scholar will have the chance to become acquainted to the entire theatre. In particular, he or she can interview colleagues from the dramaturgy department about their work. This could include the cultural political situation of theatre making in Germany, repertoire programming, national and international cooperation, the formation of an ensemble, participatory theatre in the frame of the “Bürgerbühne”, and much more. (http://www.staatsschauspiel-dresden.de/)
- Working area: Dramaturgy
- Production: You will be part of the rehearsal process of one of three productions premiering on 23rd, 24th and 25th November
- Time period: 2nd November – 3 rd December 2017
- Required skills: Working experience in dramaturgy and good English language skills
Kote Marjanishvili State Drama Theatre was founded in 1928 and is one of the most revered theatres in Georgia. It appears regularly at theatre festivals all over the world with big success. The artistic director Levan Tsuladze is one of the forces behind the new generation of theatre in Georgia. Since 2006 the Marjanishvili has gone on to produce more than 50 productions, both classical and modern and hosts more than 50.000 spectators during a year. The theatre has three stages: the main stage, “The Attic” (a hub for new play writing) and the recently opened “New Stage”, the basement, built with the aim to cross over classical theatre frames and go beyond. (http://www.marjanishvili.com/en/)
- Working area: Public relations / International projects management / Theatre management
- Events and tasks: Georgian Showcase (2nd–6 th October), preparation of the Open Lab #4 in the frame of the international collaboration project European Theatre Lab – Drama goes digital, ETC International Theatre Conference From Mythology to Technology (26th–29th October)
- Time period: 1st–30th October 2017
- Required skills: The theatre would like to welcome a scholar with experience in the working field of international projects management.
The Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe is one of the largest theatres in Germany, presenting a wide repertoire of opera, ballet, drama theatre, theatre for children and young people and concerts with resident companies in all departments. The drama section has participated in several international co-productions, with France, Romania, Israel and the Ukraine. (http://www.staatstheater.karlsruhe.de)
- Working area: Dramaturgy / Direction
- Production: „Bestätigung“ (Confirmation) by Chris Thorpe, opening November 22nd or „Afzals Tochter” (The Who and the What) by Ayad Akhtar, opening December 1 st
- Time period of rehearsals: 23rd October– 22nd November 2017 or 2 nd November–1 st December 2017 (start in Karlsruhe on 6th Nov)
- Required skills: German language skills preferred / good English in writing and speaking required
Please indicate if you wish to apply for the Dramaturgy placement (23rd Oct – 22nd Nov) or for the Direction placement (2nd Nov – 1 st Dec).
For the fourth year in a row, the European Theatre Convention together with Staatstheater Braunschweig and Eastern European partners are enhancing a fruitful collaboration with Ukrainian theatres and artists in 2017.
As a result of the previous programmes and a successful continuation of cultural and artistic exchange, this year's edition of the project "Theatre is Dialogue - Dialogue of Cultures: European networking with Eastern European theatres" kicks off with the presentation of the production End of Imitation 2.0 at festivals and theatres in Heidelberg, Karlsruhe and Braunschweig (Germany).
Furthermore, the 2017 programme features several events aiming to enable an open cultural dialogue troughout theatre with and in Ukraine, to open new perspectives and foster professional artistic exchange amongst young Ukrainian and Eastern European theatre makers.
The second open Call for Proposals of the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine European Neighbourhood Instrument Cross-border Cooperation Programme is opened until 27 October 2017.
Performance Art Foundation and Galeria Labirynt are looking for young artists for the residency in Lublin